burning problems

nhojnhoj 20:32 15 Nov 03

i`ve got an NEC 1300A cd/dvd multi format burner but i just can`t get it to burn music or films.

it will burn text files using windows xp built in burning software but thats about it.

i`ve tried copying cd`s with nero 5.5 but when it gets to the burning stage it defaults to the `save as` screen and shows my `c` drive. if i then select my burning drive as the destination it says `d drive is not available` or `please insert a disk in the selected drive`

i also tried to copy the cd using windows xp burning software, it said the copying was successful but when i opened the disk it just had a file on it called `images` then when i press play it says `error` for every single track listed!

i also tried to copy a dvd of american pie 2 using `DVD movie copy` software but it says the source is copyrighted and then terminates.

i`m just totally confused. am i doing something wrong?
i thought that copyright protections were bypassed by burning software?

someone help me pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaase!

hugh-265156 20:48 15 Nov 03
  nhojnhoj 20:57 15 Nov 03

Oh god!
I take it then that where dvds are concerned you can`t just run the software,press copy and off you go?

i still don`t get it though.
surely copying a cd is straightforward. i`ve seen other people do it in about 2 minutes just by opening the nero wizard and following the requests that appear on screen?

whats going wrong?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…