Burning Photos to CD

carper 17:17 26 Jun 06

I am having problems with burning photos to CD and then playing back on my DVD player. I have burned the discs as normal and when I play back some of the images are missing and I get a black screen until the programme resumes. The indicator on the DVD player is counting down to each image although black. The disc plays well on my computer and older discs play O.K. on my DVD player. Any suggestions would be appreciated
Regards Carper

rodriguez 17:20 26 Jun 06

Are the images that come out black very big or are they all the same size? If you try and give your DVD player a massive image to play it might not like it.

woodchip 17:28 26 Jun 06

All your Photos need to be Jpeg, Just burn as Data

DerekR 18:23 26 Jun 06

click here

Try this Kodak easyshare software - it's free and does a cracking job of burning photo CD's

carper 10:42 27 Jun 06

Thanks for your replies. I have made discs using Roxio EMC8, Nero, Ashampoo, CD burner pro and Kodak easy share all with the same result but good for the blank disc industry. I think there is something in what rodrigues says about size of files. I have recently changed my camera to 5mp from 3.2 and all the photos are in maximum resolution so I am wondering if this might be the culprit. Anybody any ideas on this. I think I will try another set of shots at a lower resolution and see how that goes.
Thanks again. Regards Carper

stlucia 12:34 27 Jun 06

If you think of how many dots there are on a TV screen (less than a million, I think), there's certainly no need for high resolution for images on a DVD. Depending on your photo software, you should be able to re-save your images at a lower resolution, to see if that's the culprit.

carper 16:21 27 Jun 06

Thank you stiucia. Can you tell me a programme where I can batch reduce the resolution. I have tried on Irfanview.
Regards Carper

stlucia 08:38 28 Jun 06

Sorry Carper, I only do it on a one-off basis, using Irfanview. Have to wait for someone else to respond on that one.

But, are you creating "slide shows" on your DVDs, or have you got a domestice DVD player that can read .jpg files without needing them to be converted? I always use the Roxio "create a slide show" option, and I assume it compresses the files. Never had a problem with playback on my Panasonic player.

stlucia 12:49 29 Jun 06

I've just noticed that Irfanview has a Batch Conversion facility in the File menu: If you select JPEG format for the output, you can use the Options button to select what quality you save them as.

rodriguez 13:10 29 Jun 06

PAL TV's (UK, Europe, Australia) only have a resolution of 720 x 576 and NTSC TV's (USA, Japan) have a resolution of 720 x 480.

So a PAL TV has 414,720 dots and an NTSC TV has 345,600 dots, which is quite a bit less than a million. So if you make sure your photos on the DVD don't go too much above this size you should be fine.

carper 19:46 05 Jul 06

Thanks for your replies. My problem did prove to be that the pictures were too big for my cheapy DVD player although they did play back on a better Sony. I batch reduced then very easily with a programme I didn't know I had. It is a programme by Visulizer Image Group try click here I hope this might be helpful to others. I think I can now click the resolved link. Regards Carper

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…