Burning parts of an audio track

krislas 10:15 25 Aug 04

My partner has professionally recorded relaxation CD's which will shortly be available for sale; they each have two tracks, the first has the introduction, the second the hypnotic induction. In order to send samples out to people we would like to burn the first 5 to 10 minutes of each track only onto a CDR, to avoid any potential fraudulent duplication. I have Nero 6 which came bundled with the CDRW drive. Can it do it and if so how?; if not what would I need to do it?

Sethhaniel 10:45 25 Aug 04

if .WAV use a wave editor and select first 10 mins of track and save with sepaerate title then burn these -
probably programs to edit mP3 etc

pj123 11:55 25 Aug 04

I use LP Recorder and LP Ripper to do exactly that. LP Recorder records as a .wav and with LP Ripper you can edit the track to whatever length you like, just save the edited tracks under a different name as Sethhaniel suggests. Both these programmes available from click here

pj123 11:58 25 Aug 04

Sorry, meant to add - if you do buy either or both of these programmes opt to pay in US Dollars as with the exchange rate you will find USD about £7 cheaper on conversion.

krislas 12:25 25 Aug 04

Thanks for that. I will try as soon as I get home from work. Will post results

Cook2 12:41 25 Aug 04

click here for a free programme which will do what you, and more.

Cook2 12:41 25 Aug 04

click here for a free programme which will do what you, and more.

leo49 16:19 25 Aug 04

No need for any extra software.You've already got an editor in Nero 6 - the Wave Editor. Rip to your HDD[using the Nero Burning Rom save track option if you wish] then it's child's play to cut out and save a sample from the tracks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…