Burning music to CD

Jackcoms 17:23 03 Sep 05

As part of a school project my younger daughter wants to burn about 20 music tracks to CD, BUT in each instance she only wants a 30 second segment of each track.

The tracks will also come from a variety of CD sources, not just one.

I have Roxio Easy CD Creator Basic, Windows Media Player and Real Player available for CD burning but I haven't a clue if it's possible to burn only a small segment of each track.

Does anybody know if I can do this and, if so, which of the 3 programs I have would be best/easiest?

Joe R 17:27 03 Sep 05

Jackcoms,

you will need a program, to cut the mp3's you rip.

The following freebie should do all this.

click here

Skills 17:27 03 Sep 05

I would say rip the tunes to your hard drive and then use a freeware audio editor like audicity found click here if you rip them as MP3 you also need the LAME encoder found there to work with them.

You can then chop out the sections you want of the tracks and then burn an audio disk from them.

Pidder 18:11 03 Sep 05

To go on a playable CD would think you need to record as a Wav (or Wave) file.

stlucia 12:51 05 Sep 05

The reference posted by Skills looks like a good one.

But you may already have something like it with your sound card. I use two bits of software that came with my SoundBlaster card -- Sound'ole (or something like that) to record the music, and WAV Editor to edit it. The editor allows you to cut off bits of the files, and thus reduce their lengths to whatever you want.

britto 17:13 05 Sep 05

Use Windows own Sound Recorder to get the segment of music you want as you listen to it, auto saves as .wav for burning.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…