Burning MPEG Video to a DVD

Woodmouse 18 22:32 25 Nov 06

I currently record TV programs directly to my hard drive in an MPEG Video format. I can successfully burn up to 1 hour and 5 minutes of an MPEG file to a DVD, but one that lasts 2 hours turns out to be of rather poor quality, due to the compression. Is there a better way round this - does anyone have any suggestions please.

sean-278262 23:08 25 Nov 06

Any chance of telling us what gear you have? We can probably help but you are a little too vague as to what you have.

Woodmouse 18 23:30 25 Nov 06

I have one PC with Windows XP ASUS A7V8X-X SKT A KT400 8XAGP DDR Motherboard, SAPPHIRE RADEON 9600PRO, 1.5 Ghz PROCESSOR 1GB RAM
The other with Windows XP Professional, MSI KM2M COMBO-L SKT A KM266 MATX Motherboard, NVIDIA GEFORCE4 MX440, AMD DURON 1800 266FSB CPU 512MB RAM. My main PC does the recording from the TV, I use the other to carry out all the rendering, which is why I need to transfer the large files from one to the other. Its having large MPEG Video files and requiring them to be burnt onto a DVD that is the problem.

DJ-Garry 02:42 26 Nov 06

Use a third party program to shrink the oversized output. This one is EXCELLENT.Shrink DVD downloadable for FREE via the PC World website. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…