Burning MP3 files

thumbscrew 21:34 01 Apr 09

I've burned an album of MP3 files to a blank disc. There's a 30 second gap between each track. I tried ripping them to my Windows Media Player and reburned. However the gap remains. Can anyone tell me how to burn to disc without the gaps?

gengiscant 09:33 02 Apr 09

You could try this.
click here
then: , insert the audio CD/folder into drive, wait untill the table of contents is read and the track listing is displayed in EAC's window. Then go up the top, to Action --> Check gaps (or something like that). Once the gaps are read (or the time each gap is), go to Action --> Leave out gaps. Then continue extracting to .wav or .mp3 or your preferred format. Each audio file will then be without the gaps, and on MP3 players, the next song will play instantly.

thumbscrew 22:22 02 Apr 09

Thanks gengiscant...downloaded it...tried...failed. Pretty complex. They came through as WAV files and I couldn't burn them to disc.

MAJ 22:34 02 Apr 09

Try Nero. When creating your CD, select all the tracks, when added to Nero, that you're going to burn, right-click on them and there should be an option to set the length of gap.

MAJ 22:35 02 Apr 09
  thumbscrew 22:56 02 Apr 09

Thanks MAJ, your link leads to what appears a trial version of a paid for deal...they want e-mail details...is this correct?

thumbscrew 22:56 02 Apr 09

Thanks MAJ, your link leads to what appears a trial version of a paid for deal...they want e-mail details...is this correct?

MAJ 23:07 02 Apr 09

Yes that's the one, thumbscrew, the email address is for the serial number, if I remember correctly.

thumbscrew 23:08 02 Apr 09

Thanks again Maj...just tried it...20 mins download...wasn't keen.

eedcam 09:08 03 Apr 09

Imgburn will suit just choose write files or folders to disc add them click build and you are done
Its free make sure you scroll down the page to in=mgburn not the irst box with express burn
click here

thumbscrew 09:14 03 Apr 09

Thanks eedcam, sounds good, off to work now, I'll download it tonight and report back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…