Burning in Media Player 11

ajf1 15:14 01 Jul 07

My media player v11.0 running under XP SP2 will not recognise CDs as blank and thereore will not burn. The same blank CDs burn fine in iTunes so it is not a hardware fault. I have tried turning on IMAPI CD Burning service and have ensured CD Burning is enabled on both my DVDRW and CDRW drives but am now at a loss.

eedcam 16:40 01 Jul 07

Not this by any chance
You are prompted to insert a blank disc when you try to add data to a multisession CD-R or CD-RW in Windows Media Player 11
Explains that Windows Media Player 11 does not support multisession recording. You must use a new CD-R or CD-RW to record new data.

ajf1 19:00 01 Jul 07

Thanks but I am putting brand new CDR disks in and they are not being recognised although the same disks work fine in iTunes

eedcam 19:16 01 Jul 07

Thought you would have it was only a guess .WM tells me I dont have a cd or dvd writer fortunately would'nt think of using it for either

Andy1991 20:00 01 Jul 07

tried reinstalling it. Go to the Start menu > Right click "My computer" >Got to properties > Go to Hardware tab > Device Manager > Expand CD / DVD-Rom Drives > right click ur Drive in there and select uninstall (take out any CD before u do this). confirm the message, then restart.

eedcam 23:02 01 Jul 07

Who was that for Andy?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5