Burning jpeg files to dvd to play on a regular dvd player

hiwatt 19:42 15 Oct 14
Answered

Hi folks. A member of my family is having a wedding reception and they want to create a dvd of photos that will play on a regular dvd player in a particular order.They had a dvd made for them by the photographers but when played on their dvd player they didn't play in the order that they were burned to disc? I have simply renamed the jpeg files 01,02 etc and I'm looking for a program to burn the jpeg files to dvd to play in their chosen order. Could someone recommend a program that will do this please.Play the jpeg files on a standalone dvd player and in order from 01-30 etc? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:40 15 Oct 14

Any burning software will burn them to dvd

the players tend to show them in alpha or numeric order so they show play in the coreect order if you have numbered them correctly however if more than 9 you may get 1 followed by 10 2 by 20 etc. so name them

001 002 etc. before burming

hiwatt 21:47 15 Oct 14

Thanks fruitbat.The files will fit on to CD.Can I use a CD or am I better using a DVD.Do I just burn it as a regular cd/dvd?I'm using Ashampoo(Burn files and folders option)but I'm wondering if this will burn as a data disc rather than a regular disc that will play on a dvd player? I've never burned jpegs to be played in a regular dvd player. Thank you.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:07 15 Oct 14

Jpgs are data

CD is fine

I can play a short film burnt on to CD on my stand alone DVD player all the macine is interested in is -

is the data on the disc compatible, most DVD players will show jpgs and play mp3 files

lotvic 23:05 15 Oct 14

You could do it the posh way and make a slideshow in movie maker then you can add captions, transitions and music etc :)

hiwatt 10:51 16 Oct 14

Too much work Lovtic.It's for saturday :) Is it possible to determine how long each photo will show for before moving to the next?Also they said that when playing the dvd that was given to them that between each photo there was a black screen for a few seconds so the photos weren't showing constant.How would I stop this from happening? Thanks folks.

hiwatt 11:45 16 Oct 14

I've sussed out how to do this using windows DVD maker.I'll give it a shot.

hiwatt 17:04 16 Oct 14
Answer

I used Windows DVD maker to make a nice little slideshow with music etc.Great little program.Had never used it before.My sister in law was delighted with the results. Thanks folks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…