Burning images/music to CD Writer

musopoet 13:15 23 Jul 05

I am unable to burn images/music - I'm using XP Professional and using the writing software that came with it - receiving messages saying 'there was an error - insert new disc'. Disc I am using is RW and has ample space left on disc.

mattyc_92 13:27 23 Jul 05

Try formatting the disks. Then try again.

musopoet 14:53 23 Jul 05

Surely this CD is already formatted - it is a Maxell CD-RW - I have already burnt images using W98 onto this disc - but have been having trouble buning now that I am using XP.

mattyc_92 15:00 23 Jul 05

If you have already used the disk, then you will need to format it to use it again (if it was "finalised").

What burning software are you currently using?

musopoet 15:07 23 Jul 05

Currently using Windows Media Player as supplied with XP - it has a copy to CD facility

mattyc_92 15:21 23 Jul 05

Ok.... I have had problems with Windows Media Player in the past to make cds.

Try Nero from click here You can download a FREE 30 day fully working trial to test it out.

You should find that Nero will do the job for you every time.

Hope that helps.

mattyc_92 15:22 23 Jul 05

I hope you aren't on Dial-up as the download for the main nero package is about 32megs.

musopoet 15:24 23 Jul 05

Have Nero - can't burn since I installed XP - that's why I resorted to WMP.

May need to download up to date drivers for Nero?

mattyc_92 15:26 23 Jul 05

No, you shouldn't have to update it.... Try uninstalling Nero, restarting your system and downloading and running "Nero Cleaner" from click here

Then re-install Nero. You SHOULD find that there is nothing wrong then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…