Burning Hell with XP

gandalf241171 20:34 16 May 03

This has got me boxed !

For the last 6 months I have intermittent problems not being able to burn CD-Rs. Intermittent = what started as sometimes not being able to burn has turned to ocassionally being able to burn. Example, One night got 3 CD's OK. Shut down , restart - burning failed. Using Nero,Fireburner, Clone CD all the same issues - which are burning starts but soon stops at 6% (varies). ASPI drivers all up todate and OK, firmware revised on CD-R/W (although seems more Windows issue).Uninstalled of CD buring software no good. Nero v5.5.10.15. Varied write speed from 12x down.

OS = XP Pro (all relevant updates), XP-2200. 512MB DDR.CD drive is Teac CD-W512EB. Various media used TNA.

Any suggestions ? Thanks in advance.

leo49 20:38 16 May 03

Have you disabled the native XP burning capability? I'm told this could interfere.

Regards

toxin 22:05 16 May 03

Have you sufficient free HD space to burn a full CD? you need about 10mb for every minute of recording time!

ozzy 123 23:00 16 May 03

why not try using media player to copy your discs its great for disc to disc copy

gandalf241171 23:33 16 May 03

Disabled XP's native burning through registry edit. HD sapce sufficient at 10GB free. Appreciate Media Player suggestion however do not think it is capable of burning ISO/Bin formats ? Shut down of system is not complete and enforces a crash shutdown/restart where MS online crash analysis suggests driver issue. Only active destop apps are Norton AV / Internet Security. PS.Increase Nero cache to 1GB when burning which is more than ample. Any other thoughts ?

leo49 23:44 16 May 03

Afraid I'm at a loss - I've actually got the same burner as you and Nero's worked perfectly with all OS's I've installed over the last 2 years. Sorry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…