burning films to dvd

pookie 11:13 22 Sep 05

Windows xp home, 1Gb ram, 3Ghz athlon (2.17), x800pro, a7n8x-x mobo, cdrw drive, dvd drive and onboard sound.

I’m thinking of buying a dvd rw drive to replace my old dvd drive (it must be 3 years old by now). Hypothetically speaking, if I downloaded some films of internet that saved and played as windows media player when watched on computer – if I burned them on to dvd to play on dvd player and watch on tv does the saved file need to be converted in some way or will a film saved as media player play on a normal dvd player and tv.

For info I have a power dvd program on pc if that matters – it came with graphics card.

jimv7 12:13 22 Sep 05

Nero vision express which comes with nero 6 will do all you ask.

pookie 12:56 23 Sep 05

many thanks jimv7

flyingbrit 17:56 23 Sep 05

i've had trouble converting files in nero.i use dvd santa to do it, works fine for me although it does take some time to convert it!!!

pookie 20:07 25 Sep 05

many thanks. everyone says it takes along time. how much time? if i download a 1hr 30min film as meia player file - using nero do i need to convert it and then burn it or does it burn and convert all in one. either way how long would it take to convert a 1 hr 30 min film roughly?

freaky 20:31 25 Sep 05

I can back-up my DVD films OK by using DVD Shrink 3.2 in conjunction with Nero6 Reloaded.

To back-up a 2hr DVD takes approx 40 minutes or less. They will then run OK on the TV DVD Player, and on the PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…