Burning DVD's using Nero

chrismuir 23:41 17 Dec 06

Hi

Recently reinstalled Nero, and tried to burn a DVD with a load of holiday pics. The process failed at the stage where it checked the disc (a Phillips DVD-R).....I tried the same with a CD instead (using Nero) and it worked fine. Any ideas what may be wrong?

I've copied a couple of the lines from the error log file:

17:41:33 #25 Text 0 File DVDR.cpp, Line 4877
Drive: _NEC DVD_RW ND-2510A
Book Type request: DVD-ROM
Book Type setting not supported for the loaded disc type

17:41:33 #26 CDR -1046 File ThreadedTransferInterface.cpp, Line 1702
Illegal disc

17:41:33 #27 TRANSFER -27 File ThreadedTransferInterface.cpp, Line 1702
Could not perform start of Disc-at-once

17:41:33 #28 Text 0 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1711
Set remaining time: 0:00,000 (0ms) -> OK

17:41:33 #29 Phase 38 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1853
Burn process failed at 2.4x (3,324 KB/s)

Totally-braindead 23:53 17 Dec 06

Have you tried updating Nero?

chrismuir 22:35 18 Dec 06

Yep, tried that and no change...... It used to work fine, then I uninstalled it. Wish I had left it alone now!! I can select which files I want to burn to disc, but the moment it tries to start the burn process it fails.

Strawballs 22:47 18 Dec 06

click here Try using this, it is free and despite it,s name will do DVD's. I have Nero 7 but use this one more because it is easy to use, I tend only to use Nero when I want to do things like burn bootable disc's

Confab 22:52 18 Dec 06

17:41:33 #26 CDR -1046 File ThreadedTransferInterface.cpp, Line 1702
Illegal disc

This is the line that gives it away. Nero thinks you are trying to burn a CD. Cwitch to DVD or CD/DVD mode

Confab

Confab 22:53 18 Dec 06

Cwitch = switch

BRYNIT 00:28 19 Dec 06

May be a silly question but did you select DVD from the drop down list.

rupie 01:02 19 Dec 06

I have Nero and 2 seperate drives on my PC. If I want to burn a DVD I have to specify it in Nero. It will always remember the last type of disk it burned

chrismuir 22:03 19 Dec 06

Yep - selected DVD and it still fails. Pity I don't have any more of the DVD's that worked fine - I may try and get a new blank DVD - clutching at straws I know!!

Diversion 23:16 19 Dec 06

(a Phillips DVD-R)..... Does your DVD Writer do the - discs? you may only be able to burn + discs. My DVD recorder uses Philips DVD+R but my DVD Writer does dual layer + or - discs, some writers only use one format.

theDarkness 00:20 20 Dec 06

i think with my own drive only + dual layer discs work, although I have tried both and managed to get - discs working also when i bought them once accidentally (although unsurprisingly the burn rate was around 50%.. surprised it worked at all though!)

i think the verification process in nero can be a bit awkward sometimes and give a fail even when the disc has burned fine- but then with dual layer only video is easy to check fully (in a reasonable amount of time by watching the entire disc!)... if it keeps on happening i guess youve no option but to clean up windows, reinstall nero with the latest update and mayb even try another brand of dvd rather than just switching between + or - ..

check out
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…