Burning DVDs with Pinnacle 8

Jabba10 18:27 29 Nov 03

someone save me from insanity (and bankrupcy!). I have no problem capturing and editing video using Pinnacle 8.10.4 (I've downloaded all of the updates). I can also author a DVD complete with menu's etc. However, when I go to burn a DVD, the program asks me to insert a DVD and then waits 30-60 seconds burns enough on the DVD to make it unusable and then tells me the disk has been created successfully!

Has anyone had similar problems...if so, did you find a solution...please!!!

bremner 20:09 29 Nov 03

There is a well reported problem with Pinnacle 8 and burning DVD's. Do a search on this site and you will find other threads.

The best method - which I use - is to capture and edit with Pinnacle and then burn with another program. I use Ulead Movie Factory 2.

Jabba10 11:59 01 Dec 03

Yes, I've had to resort to doing exactly what you're doing. I'm editing using Pinnacle and burning using Click to DVD (that came pre-installed on my system). Its just really irritating that I've spend money on software that only does half a job!

Kudu 12:53 01 Dec 03

Same problem here and i found that Nero 5 would not accept Pinnacle files.

stlucia 13:25 01 Dec 03

Is it realistic to expect Pinnacle (or any other editing software) to burn the results to a CD or DVD? After all, if we've got a CD or DVD burner we must have some burning software to go with it.

I've always used Pinnacle to do everything up to creation of the appropriate MPEG file, and then let the burning software make it into a VCD or DVD.

Jabba10 14:04 01 Dec 03

I think that it is reasonable to expect the Pinnacle software to burn to a DVD as this is one of its selling points!

The trouble with using a third party burner is that I now need to use the third party authoring as well (i.e building menus etc) as even if I create an 'image' of the DVD in Pinnacle with menus etc. it is not accepted (or won't work properly) with any other software.

I can't believe that pinnacle haven't released a patch to sort this problem out!

stlucia 16:05 01 Dec 03

Fair enough! I agree that if it says it can do it, it should be able to do it. My Pinnacle is an older version, which didn't pretend to be able to do the burning.

But irrespective of the wrongs and rights of the matter, there is a solution which is to use the burning software to create menus and burn the disks.

Jabba10 17:49 01 Dec 03

at the end of the day you're right stlucia... I just feel sorry for those poor sods who buy a new OEM burner ...get a copy of Pinnacle and find they have to fork out for a burner package as well...

pinnacle take note!!!

Thanks for your thoughts anyway.

oww89k 22:18 05 Dec 03

wasted lots of time and money ,pinnacle software brill.
but no drivers for dvd sony burners Compatibility (for usa only) solution may be Ulead VideoStudio 7 or Sonic Mydvd

MichelleC 00:30 06 Dec 03

Here's a forum link about MyDvD. i don't think it can do chapters but there's workarounds click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…