Burning DVDs

Herrkutz 12:45 01 Nov 08

I have a home made DVD that I wish to produce copies of for family and friends. Can someone please give me a step by step process of how to do it? Presumably I place the existing DVD in the top slot (marked DVD Rom) and the blank DVD in the RW DVD Rewritable slot. Then what? Do I need to check that certain enabling softwear is installed or should I be able to proceed anyway?

twoshots 12:54 01 Nov 08

Your best program for copying/burning DVDs in my opinion os CDBurnerXP. Fotally free and feature-packed.

Download it from - click here

It'll require the NET Framework 2.0 from Microsoft, download that here - click here

Install both then run CDBurnerXP.

Select 'Copy disc' from the opening menu, then 'Copy data' from the two buttons that'll appear.

In the next window, check to ensure that the program has detected your source and target drives properly, then just clik 'Copy disc'.

That's it!

Herrkutz 14:02 01 Nov 08

Twoshots. Many thanks for your guidance. I got so far and thought I'd cracked it when I observed the status as showing "extracting from drive D" but then a message came up saying "disc required, present - not writable (no disc). But I certainly did have a disc loaded - Memorex DVD-R marked "up to 16X, 4.7 GB, 120 min video. Any idea what's gone wrong?

Herrkutz 12:25 02 Nov 08

I'm still looking for a response to my message above - 01/11/08 @ 14:02. Can somebody please help and advise?

eedcam 14:19 02 Nov 08

Dont have CDBurner e but I would guess TWoshots last paragraph applies

In the next window, check to ensure that the program has detected your source and target drives properly, then just clik 'Copy disc'.

If youare still stuck and in the abscence of any furthere help I would use img burn its free

eedcam 14:25 02 Nov 08

Imgburn continued
Select create image file from disc making sure the Read drive is in the dropdown box at the top.When done select your write drive in the same box and choose write image file to disc
click here
Alternately depending on what CDburner created ie and image or folder you could just choose the appropriate write to disc section

carper 18:44 02 Nov 08

I think that to directly copy a DVD disc to disc seems to cause a lot of problems judging by various discussions. Cds generally copy OK but DVDs seem to create a problem. If it is a self made disc have you not got the original copy on your hard drive or an ISO image? Failing that I would be inclined copy to your hard drive and then do a new burn. Hope this helps Carper

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now