Burning DVDs

Mclearns Bald 18:06 10 May 07

I made my first attempt using Roxio Easy DVD Copy. I eventually had to cancel my first attempt as it was taking about 15 or 20 minutes to copy 1%. Surely the process can't be this slow? Do the mepg files have to be converted into a different format before the copying process begins?

FatboySlim71 08:30 11 May 07

What spec is your pc, i.e processor speed etc ?

If it is encoding the dvd it can be a slow process but I would have thought not that slow that it would take 15-20 mins to do 1% unless you have a really old pc and/or a slow processor.

If it is an original dvd that you are trying to copy, then most if not all these will have some form of copy protection on, if this is the case then you will probably know that it is illegal to copy these unless you are backing them up for your own use, in case the original one gets damaged for example.

Mclearns Bald 17:30 14 May 07

My processor is 1.2GHz. I attempted to copy a complication of documentaries in mpeg format using Roxio Easy DVD copy. It would not allow mpegs that had been converted into DVD format. Nero would not allow compilations and my attempt at burning the decoded files of one of the documentaries failed.

Totally-braindead 17:37 14 May 07

How much memory do you have? The processor in my opinion is borderline it should do it but would be a bit slow and if you have little memory that also would make a huge difference.
Do you know what is the recommended processor speed and memory requirement for this program?

woodchip 17:52 14 May 07

Your comp is a very low speck for what you are doing

Mclearns Bald 21:46 17 May 07

My memory is 120Mb HD and 384Mb RAM. I have no idea of the recommended processor speed and memory requirement for burning and decoding programs. BTW someone recently told me of a person whose PC would also take 7 hours to decode and burn, but later he found a way of making the process quicker. Apart from doing an upgrade I can't think of anything else that could have been done. Do any of you?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…