Burning to a DVD

muffin1947 07:18 05 Sep 09

Does anyone know of a decent free program burn to a DVD I have Nero but when I try it I get ths message so probably need to find another program.

Nero - Burning Rom has a known compatibility issue with this version of Windows. For an update that is compatible with this version of Windows, contact Ahead Software

Technotiger 07:53 05 Sep 09
  muffin1947 08:38 05 Sep 09

Hi Technotiger thanks for the advice.I had VLC media player already installed but did not know you could use it for burning to a DVD.Have installed what you advised and will try it.Any advise on how to use it to burn.

Thanks

Technotiger 08:42 05 Sep 09

Sorry, I can't advise on its use as I have not used it - I use Nero.

But if you find that one is not satisfactory for your needs, have a look on Google where I am sure you will find plenty of other free burning programs for whatever OS you are using.

BTW, it is always advisable to state what OS you are using, when posting any query on the forum - helps others decide whether they can offer useful assistance.

rdave13 08:47 05 Sep 09

This one is quite straightforeward to use, Ashampoo 2009; click here

jack 08:49 05 Sep 09

Well known and commonly recommended
I use it all the time[Ignore the name - it does DVD's too]

click here XP Pro.com

jack 08:50 05 Sep 09
  jack 08:53 05 Sep 09

File Hippo comes up trumps every time

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…