burning cds - 3rd or 4th tracks start to crackle

spot the braincell 18:08 28 Oct 04

for a while I was able to merrily burn cds on our artec cd-r. Now, however it burns ok, but when it comes to playback the first few tracks are ok but after that all ensuing tracks have a horrible crackle all over them.
Any clues chaps, as I said it has been ok up until recently. I've tried different cds, but no change. I'm running win98.
cheers

keith-236785 18:33 28 Oct 04

screensavers spring to mind on this, or some other service that starts running after about ten mins.

if you use a screen saver, disable it while you burn a cd and see if that helps, also see if you have FastFind in your startup menu, if you do, remove it from the startup menu to stop it loading at start up.

You can always put it back in later if it makes no difference (but when i was on win98 i always removed it and left it out, system seemed to run slow when it was left in) personal preference folks.

hope this helps a little

spot the braincell 15:11 29 Oct 04

screensaver it was paperman - top quality that man thanks a lot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…