Burning CDs

ludmilla 16:47 26 Feb 05

I have Nero in my computer and when I burn an audio Cd it will only play on my computer and not my Cd player , what am I doing wrong

Diodorus Siculus 16:50 26 Feb 05

You may need to turn off file protection - when you copy the tracks across, there may be a sign like a double S - click on it and untick file protection.

bluesbrother 16:52 26 Feb 05

It could be your CD player. Not all players can read home made cd's. Can you try one on another CD player?

Alan H E 17:21 26 Feb 05

If you are using CD-RW it won't work but CD-R might well do.

FelixTCat 17:29 26 Feb 05

If you have a DVD player attached to your TV, try playing it through that. They tend to be more tolerant of recording type.

wobblymike 20:57 26 Feb 05

When you burn the CD are you finalising it? if not this could well be the problem

Totally-braindead 21:03 26 Feb 05

All the above are a possible solutions ludmilla, the other possibility is you are burning the music as Data rather than audio, this also would stop the CD from being read in a normal CD player. Whatever your problem is it is one of the above suggestions.

Alan H E 09:44 27 Feb 05

Email from ludmilla: Is CD/R not rewritable.

You should post to the thread & only use email if invited.
CD/Rs are not rewritable - usually CD audio players cannot read CD/RW discs so you can only use CD/Rs.

ludmilla 17:23 27 Feb 05

Hello Alan HE

THANK YOU SO MUCH, It WORKS

Also apologies for mailing you , I am new to all of this
Ludmilla

Alan H E 17:31 27 Feb 05

Its OK we're always learning

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…