Burning to CD/DVD Media Centre TV Programs

AFoxyLady 08:07 17 Nov 05

I have a Windows XP Media Centre - and have my computer connected to a tv aerial. I am able to watch and record programs to my hardrive, and although not ideal - it works, and can be handy when the video is too busy!

My question though, is can I burn any of these programs I have recorded, so that I can send them to my son who is at Uni, so he can watch them on his computer?

I don't think it is possible to watch them on a TV, via a dvd player, due to the way they are recorded on to the computer.

dawid_dadis 23:27 17 Nov 05

It is possible to burn them and it is possible to wach them but and is is alsow against the low. So i`m sorry but i can not help you.

AFoxyLady 08:06 18 Nov 05

Why is it against the law, when if I recorded them on my tv to a dvd, or a video - I could send them to him?

Burning and copying Music - yes, I understand, and software, but a TV program?

AFoxyLady 17:50 22 Nov 05

*bump*

tasslehoff burrfoot 18:06 22 Nov 05

Yes, if you had recorded them to DVD or video you could send them to your son.

Wouldn't stop it from being illegal though.

There is a MCE forum, perhaps they will help you.

click here

AFoxyLady 18:15 22 Nov 05

Apologies to all those in the know - but please explain what and where the MCE forum is? I still do not understand why it is illegal? What are we allowed to record? Why do we now all have dvd recorders as well as video recorders?Again - my apologies for being a numpty - but I would just like an explaination, all be it a simple one if possible, as I am sure I am not the only person totally perplexed.

picklsey 18:44 22 Nov 05

burn them and send them.yes is the simple answer to your question

AFoxyLady 18:50 22 Nov 05

yes Picklsey - I would love to - but how!!??

picklsey 19:57 22 Nov 05

i think you just burn them as data as he will be watching them on another pc (i stand to be corrected)try burning one and see if it will play on your pc if it does send it to him it should play on his.hope it works.

tasslehoff burrfoot 22:09 22 Nov 05

Hi

I'm not trying to be facetious, we are allowed to record TV shows for "time-shifting" purposes. i.e. for ourselves to watch at a later time. Not to share with others.

The MCE forum is a windows Media Center Edition forum, click on the "click here" in my original post and it will take you there. It's called www. thegreenbutton. com

If they are able to help, they should even be able to tell you how to transcode the vidoe to play on a TV via a DVD player

AFoxyLady 09:18 23 Nov 05

Thanks for the link to the "The Green Button"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…