Burning CD-RW discs

TURNIPS 09:12 07 Aug 05

My PC is a Dell Dimension 2350 with a 48X DVD/CDRW Combo Drive (HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4480B), and I am using Roxio Creator 7 for creating slideshows of my digital photos. Slideshows burnt to Memorex 700MB 52X CD-R discs work well, but burning to Memorex 700MB 24X CD-RW discs is not successful as the images constantly break-up when viewed using both a DVD player or PC. Why is this? Is my configuration unsuitable for these CD-RW discs? What CD-RW discs should I use?

mattyc_92 09:13 07 Aug 05

Try burning the disk at a slower speed (try something like 12x instead of 24x)

€dstowe 10:30 07 Aug 05

I've never had much success with CDRW disks and have never given a first thought to using them for anything important or valuable. I wouldn't consider using them at all now, as CDR disks are so cheap.

jakimo 11:13 07 Aug 05

Your cd\dvd drive manufactures website will list which disc's are compatible.

I don't use cdrw!s as there are reports of them being un-reliable

jakimo 11:13 07 Aug 05

Your cd\dvd drive manufactures website shoud list which disc's are compatible.

I don't use cdrw!s as there are reports of them being un-reliable

Stuartli 13:11 07 Aug 05

A CD-RW disk is not as reflective as a CD-R and many drives, especially older ones, cannot read them as easily.

Far better to use a CD-R in multisession mode for most purposes; you can then keep adding to the disk until it is full and can be Finalised just before the last session.

It can still be used in the normal way whilst still in multisession mode.

TURNIPS 13:44 07 Aug 05

Many thanks to all who responded. You have certainly provided the advice I needed.
Turnips

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…