//some 3rd party need geo

Burning CD from ISO

griffo 15:05 23 Jul 05

I have downloaded a program as an ISO file and wish to burn it to CD before installing (to allow for disaster recovery). I have Nero 5.5 (I know Nero 6 does this job easily) and it hasn't the 'burn image' option under the 'recorder' heading. I also have NTI CD & DVD-Maker Gold but can't find a way to do it in here either.
Can anyone advise how I can do this please?

Eric10 15:09 23 Jul 05

It's been a while since I used Nero 5.5 but I think you will find the Burn Image option on the File menu. It's certainly on one of the menus.

mattyc_92 15:18 23 Jul 05

Go to "File->Open" and under the "file types", select "All Files"...

NOw just locate your ISO image and select Open. It will now allow you to burn it to disk.

woodchip 15:40 23 Jul 05

If you have NERO just double click the ISO file, NERO will then burn to disc if you have one in

griffo 15:51 23 Jul 05

You're right it is under File menu. However, when I select the ISO file and tell it to burn it wants to save an image file. It then says it's burning but it just replicates the ISO file onto the desktop (as this is where I tell it to save the image), I also tried telling it to save the image on the CD but it does the same!!

MIke 15:53 23 Jul 05

Have you made sure you have selected your re-writer drive in the burn options and not image re-corder?

griffo 15:55 23 Jul 05

Actually, now the wretched NTI program has 'grabbed' the file and double clicking just opens that program!

woodchip 15:56 23 Jul 05

Also in NERO Menu under File you choose burn IMAGE, point it to the ISO

griffo 15:57 23 Jul 05

In Recorder, it only shows Image Recorder

griffo 16:03 23 Jul 05

Have tried that but it just puts an image file back onto the desktop, it's not writing to the CD.

woodchip 16:05 23 Jul 05

So why not burn the Image it creates on desktop to a CD in NERO

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…