Burning to CD

Skinn 10:57 02 Jan 05

I have attempted to burn my Outlook Express Back-up folder onto a CD but it keeps saying "please insert a writable disk". I am using a Maxell CD-R 80 700MB which already contains a folder with 258MB of data, another with 63MB and an HTML document with 10KB.This was recorded on my CD-RW on my other PC using Roxio CD creator.

I want to add another 65MB of data on my new PC and the CD is by no means full.
On my old PC I used Roxio software which used to ask if "I wanted to add another volume to the CD which already contains data". On my new PC, the pre-installed software is CyberLink Power2Go.

Does this mean that every time I want to add data to a CD I will have to use a totally unused one? Is there a way of adding further data to it?

OR is it just the changeover of software that prevents the new software recognising that the CD is not full?

Thanks in advanc,

ACOLYTE 11:07 02 Jan 05

I think,but an not 100% that you need to continue with a multisession disc that way all the data already saved will still be available after and also it will see how much space is left on the disc.In not sure but Roxio somtimes codes the disc/files so only that software can read it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…