Burning Audio tapes to CD

Clint 20:23 17 Sep 05

I have dozens of audio tapes that I can no longer play due to the fact that all my players in the home, car and caravan are now CD players.
Is there a programme I can get with will enable me to burn these on to CD so that I can play these on the formentioned apparatus.
Yours hopefully
Clint

sharkfin 20:50 17 Sep 05

Hi, Converting Audio Casstete tapes to CD will require you to copy them from your Cassette to PC. You will need to connect your Cassette player to your Sound Card or any other suitable connection.

Heres a pretty good guide for you.

click here

hope it helps.

Sandy110 20:51 17 Sep 05

What you'll need to do is connect a tape player to your sound card's line-in terminal with a 1/8" mini-jack and record the contents of your tape as a WAV file. To do this, try using the free version of MusicMatch 6.0. Just set MusicMatch to record the line-in channel, press play on your tape deck, and then press the record button on the MusicMatch Jukebox.

Eastender 01:03 18 Sep 05

Here's a tutorial using the freebie Audacity click here

Clint 15:34 19 Sep 05

Thanks for your help, I have downloaded Audacity as you sugested. Only problem is I don't have any input level meters showing, and I am not able bring them up. Any ideas?
Regards
Cling

Eastender 23:54 20 Sep 05

By default the input is set to 'Microphone, change this to 'Line In'

Hope the helps, all the best.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…