Burning Audio CDs

Pedro Campos 19:20 26 Dec 07

I am trying to burn a audio cd from windows media player but it tells me that there are no burning devices attached, this despite that i have 2 DVD/CD Drives connected. Also when I look at the properties of both drives i used to have a tab called "recording" which it allowed me to make some changes but it is not there anymore. Any help?

I operate Windows Vista.

skidzy 19:31 26 Dec 07

Try this first,though geared for xp it does work in Vista.

click here

What does device manager say ? you may have to uninstall the drives and reboot and let Vista reinstall the generic drivers.

Pedro Campos 19:44 27 Dec 07

Tried both solutions but none works. Device manager calls both drives cd-roms.

Any other ideas or anyone else?

skidzy 19:49 27 Dec 07

Are you sure these are cd writers and not cd/dvd rom drives ?

Have you used these drives to burn music/data discs before ?

T0SH 20:09 27 Dec 07

Right click Open on My Computer then Right click Properties on your CD/DVD burner, there should be a Recording tab "Enable CD recording on this Drive" should be selected , also check in Computer Management that the "IMAPI CD-Burning Com Service" is nor disabled

Cheers HC

Pedro Campos 21:00 27 Dec 07

Yes both are DVD/CD RW and I have used them before.

The problem is exactly the fact that I do not have the "recording" tab when I right click and then click on properties.
Also I could not find the IMAPI Service on the computer management console. I am not sure if its due to the fact that its a Windows Vista and it might have a different name.

Thanks

wotbus@ 21:06 27 Dec 07

You could try the Vista forum...

Pedro Campos 23:09 27 Dec 07

Thanks...
I tried dozens of vista forums and I came across with a common problem that lots of people are having. There was also some mentions to the IMAPI.EXE Service that needs to be enabled in order for WMP11 burn cds. However when i check my services on computer management i cannot find IMAPI. anyone knows how to start IMAPI on Windows Vista Home Premium?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017