burning

angel1975 08:26 14 Jul 04

Please can someone tell how long it should take to burn a dvd,ive downloaded a film thats about 1 and 1/2 hours long and with encoding its taking about 6 hrs to burn on dvd with nero 6,is this about right because it seems a long time?

stlucia 08:31 14 Jul 04

If you're talking about 'raw' digital video that needs to be 'rendered' before burning, then 6 hours is quite reasonable. Naturally, it depends on the speed of your processor, but my 600Mhz PC takes about an hour for 5 minutes of finished video.

The burning itself probably takes only a few minutes once the software has sorted all the files out and converted them as needed.

angel1975 08:50 14 Jul 04

thanks for your respond the reason i was shocked it took so long is because when i was burning to vcd an 1 and 1/2 film only took 1 and 1/2 hrs

angel1975 10:19 14 Jul 04

so how comes a vcd dosnt take as long? am a little confused

stlucia 12:04 14 Jul 04

I'm not expert enough to answer that one, other than to say that burning to VCD possibly uses a lower-quality encoding which takes less time.

If I want to use a CD for video instead of a DVD (for short clips only), I use SVCD standard which is DVD quality and takes just as long to process.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…