burned dvd won't play in my dvd player

Desperate-Dan 08:27 11 May 08

Hi, I burned a dvd with Imgburn, the burned disk plays in my pc but not in my standalone dvd player I have burned video's before with Imgburn and played them in my dvd player before, I burned the same video file with nerovision and it plays fine in my dvd player, when I looked at the burned disk, only a quarter of the disk is burned and it only took a few minutes to burn,

johnnyrocker 08:41 11 May 08

sounds maybe imgburn has a problem as nero works ok or the disk used at the time has a prob?

johnny

eedcam 09:56 11 May 08

Unusual for imgburn to fail without saying Although this doesn't look like failure .also it would have given a log.I would burn it again with imgburn use an RW to save waste and check the log if the same thing happens again

jack 10:02 11 May 08

have worked with your player[a potential hangup not all players will cope with various types of burned disks]
It there for looks like a program failure.
I am not familiar with the program in question.
Finalization [ or lack of it] could be a cause
Is this function switchable in Imageburn?
And if so was it activated?
Players will not play unfinalized disks usually.

eedcam 10:10 11 May 08

Dan can you also say what you were trying to burn . Iso image or video_ts folder
Jack imgburn is one of the finest around and most errors are usually down to media or user.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:35 11 May 08

Did you finalise the disk?

Desperate-Dan 23:12 11 May 08

I think I found the answer, I just looked at my manual for my dvd player and it says the player cannot play mp3 format that conforms to ISO0966* level 1/ level 2, or its extended format, Joliet, I looked at Imgburn and in the option tab- image option it says ISO9660 I think thats the problem

eedcam 07:41 12 May 08

Wow you mean you were making a data dvd and not a proper dvd-video that answers alot

Desperate-Dan 07:51 12 May 08

No I wasn't making a data dvd, the dvd I made with Imgburn plays in my pc as a video, it won't play in my standalone dvd player, read my post

jack 10:33 12 May 08

Finalize the disk?
Some Burn programs do this anyway for videos, in other it is switchable.

I would simply burn another and put this down to a duff burn if the disk is finalized.

eedcam 11:05 12 May 08

But where does the mp3 come in

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now