BURN PROCESS FAILED WHEN COPYING

CAN ANYONE HELP,JUST RECENTLY WHEN COPYING TO DISC BURN PROCESS DOES`NT ALWAYS COMPLETE AND I`M WASTING MORE AND MORE DISC`S EVERYTHING WAS FINE UP TO 2 MONTHS AGO,BUT THE PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE GETTING WORSE.SOME DISC`S DO COPY FIRST TIME EVERY TIME,BUT SOME I CANT GET TO COPY AT ALL,THIS OCCURS WHETHER USING NERO 5.5 OR WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER.I HAVE A RE-WRITER ON MY HIFI AND ANY DISC THAT WONT COPY ON MY PC WILL ALWAYS COPY ON MY HIFI RE-WRITER.

tarkus 18:56 27 Dec 03

1st of all please don't type in capitals your shouting. what operating system are you using. have you tried burning at a lower speed. are you copying on the fly, if you are try copying to the hard drive 1st then burn also are these music cd's your trying to copy if they are are you sure they are not copy protected some of the new ones are.

slightlymad 19:06 27 Dec 03

To keep your system running smoothly during a CD or DVD burn, shut down all programs but the ones you need to complete your task.

The single most important thing you can do to reduce CD write errors is to disable all active programs on your computer prior to creating a CD. The most important program to turn off temporarily is your antivirus software. To quickly turn off programs running in the background press down the ctrl – alt – del keys on the keyboard all at once. End all tasks one by one except for Explorer and Systray. Once this is completed open your CD writing program and start writing to your CD.

Burning CD’s is both memory and CPU intensive, so freeing system rescources avoids "distracting" your PC from the burn in a way that could lead to lost data.

fred 21:25 27 Dec 03

Reducing the burn speed reduces, or eliminates, the number of coasters in my experience. Some 'brands' seem to work reliably at speeds lower than the advertised speeds.

Dipso 22:18 27 Dec 03

How old is your writer. I had problems like this and after doing a bit of research, decided the drive was on its way out and it was time to replace it. New writer is much faster,no coasters to date,wish I'd changed it sooner and it only cost £30.

Blott 22:59 27 Dec 03

Muggles

OK until 2 months ago, now deteriorating.

I had just this (and asked for help through the fourm.

I go with "Dipso" - my writer needed replacement. Did that and no further probs.

Regards
Blott

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:45 28 Dec 03

click here and download 'enditall'. It is free and will shut down all unecessary progs. The programmes will restart on a reboot....excellent.

G

slightlymad 01:47 28 Dec 03

"I noticed my pc slowed a lot during a burn..
If I did as you say and shut down all tasks (except the ones you said to leave running)one at a time before the burn,how would I get them started again afterwards? Or would they restart themselve's on "restart"?"

GANDALF <|:-)>'s suggestion is an excellent one, Muggles. After your burning session, simply restart your PC. Easier than opening each program individually using the Start menu.

Do give a green tick if this solves your problem.

Incidentally, better to continue a thread via the forum as opposed to email - this way other members can continue to contribute, or view the outcome of a problem.

slightlymad 01:53 28 Dec 03

...The email was from another forum member following this thread - I didn't look closely and assumed it was from you.

Andsome 08:12 28 Dec 03

I notice that there is no mention of the program being able to run in XP, will it or not?

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:38 28 Dec 03

It will run in XP...I've just put it onto my computer and tried it ;-))))))
G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…