burn photos and music to dvd

magnus35 16:19 04 Nov 06

My pc came with cd-rw and dvd-rom .
I have created photo slideshows with music backing using Windows Movie Maker and want to be able to wath them on TV so I bought an external dvd burner .
I have installed the software provided , including Nero , but cannot achieve my aim .
It appears that the Windows Media Audio / Video files are unacceptable .
Is there any way to convert these files to dvd format - preferably for free of course ?
Nero also states that it can create a dvd with WMA files but rejects my attempts to drag and drop the aforementiond items . My separate dvd player / recorder doesn't play wma files anyway , but will play mp3 or jpeg .
Any help would be much appreciated .

Magnus35

rodriguez 16:32 04 Nov 06

Did you get NeroVision Express with your copy of Nero? You should be able to make a VCD and drag and drop the WMV files made by Windows Movie Maker into it and then burn it. It should convert it to MPEG format (which is what your DVD player wants) in the process as it burns the disc. If it won't recognise the WMV files, you can also make slideshows with NeroVision Express.

magnus35 00:10 05 Nov 06

Thanks rodriguez .

I have managed to burn a cd . It takes ages to convert just a few small files and some of the pictures are a bit ' jumpy '.

The software supplied with the dvd burner is called Nero Start Smart . Could I have got this for free and been able to achieve the same result with my existing equipment ? Have I wasted money buying a dvd burner ?

Magnus 35 .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced