Burn Music to DVD

dmc727 12:18 18 Dec 05

Can someone point me in the right direction, please? Is there media management software that will do a good job doing this…..…

# burn music and data to CD

# burn music and data to DVD

# convert music formats.

Not wanted: Video / cine / photographic / bells and whistle bits.

Reading about Nero, Roxio and the like confuses me – it all seems too high powered for my simple needs or am I wrong?

rawprawn 12:41 18 Dec 05

Nero will do all you want and more, but you don't have to use all the facilities, and it is easy to follow to do what you want.

dmc727 13:13 18 Dec 05

Rawprawn. That helps as I’m slowly coming to the conclusion it is either Nero or Roxio, but just knocking off the bits I don’t want to use.

I read the thread in Consumerwatch about Nero 6 (£2.99 from Savapoint) but not sure if that disc will cover my needs. Which version of Nero have you in mind? I’ve read the report in the Review section on the Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 and PC Advisor give it a Gold award.

Most talk on here seems to be about Nero yet it is hard to ignore the recommendation of the gold award.

BurrWalnut 14:19 18 Dec 05

Bear in mind that unless you have a 'newish' domestic/car DVD player it will not play MP3s and JPGs stored on a DVD - you will have to use CD-Rs.

john-232317 14:45 18 Dec 05

How about Jetaudio, its free and will do what you want.... click here

dmc727 15:32 18 Dec 05

Thanks for the feedback.

Will the software burn music to a DVD? Jet Audio doesn’t seem to do it Dadyassa.

And it would no doubt help BurrWalnut if I explained myself a little better as to why I looking for this spec. Over the years I’ve collected a fair amount of music and now have a folder holding about 16.5GB and it is not backed up. Thought I could put it on about four DVD’s. Backing up to CD’s seems too long winded. For playing purposes, I put tracks on CD’s which is not a problem

Nero seems to back data to a DVD but not music or am I missing something. What is the difference anyway and would it make any difference backing up the music as a data DVD?

Wuggy 15:35 18 Dec 05

Check this thresd kindly donated by Stuartli
click here

dmc727 15:47 18 Dec 05

Wuggy. Many thanks.

I'd read this piece, more than once may I add, and came to the conclusion this nero disc wasn't well rated. One comment…. "The CD was worse that the copy i got with my DVD-RW."

And I don’t think this nero 6 burns music to a DVD.

pj123 16:09 18 Dec 05

Although I haven't responded to this Thread before I keep reading it.

Nero will burn to CD and DVD providing you do it as an Audio disk. I have JetAudio and I can assure you that it will also burn audio to CD/DVD. You obviously wont get 16.5gb on to one CD/DVD but you will get something like 16 to 20 tracks on a CD as .cda format depending on the length of the track. If you require more than that then you would need to convert them to MP3 and burn them to CD/DVD as data. I also have an MP3 player which I use to download my music so that I can play it in my car.

I would suggest you try Nero and make an Audio disk to start with.

dmc727 17:23 18 Dec 05

pj123. Many thanks, you have actually put into practice what you say and that is good enough for me.

Hope you don’t think I was too pedantic with the music/data/DVD issue but when I was born there wasn’t even such a thing as plastic and now I’m completing with grand kids who know a byte from a bite.

I shall now go away and experiment and hopefully be wiser.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

rawprawn 17:26 18 Dec 05

Nero 6 will be fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…