burn dvd of my vhs?

taffyal 17:43 02 Sep 08

I have a number of old vhs tapes. Is there anyway I can connect my VHS player to my PC, 7 copy them to DVD? Thanks.

SirMetal 17:48 02 Sep 08

Just buy a DVD/Video player combi and make sure its a DVD recorder aswell.

taffyal 17:52 02 Sep 08

Thought of that, but my pension wont run to it! Trying to find a cheap option!!

Technotiger 17:56 02 Sep 08

I use a normal VHS Recorder connected to a DVD Player/Recorder, both connected to my TV (and my PC - but that's another story). Can also put footage from Camcorder direct to DVD via this system. Much easier and quicker to do it this way.

[URL=click here][IMG]

Technotiger 17:58 02 Sep 08

I am a pensioner too - got my DVD Player/Recorder for £15 second-hand!

taffyal 18:03 02 Sep 08

Thanks Technotiger- looked on Ebay, but wasnt sure what I needed!Seen a Bush DVR3006 DVD Recorder but wasn't sure if it would have an input connection.
Cheers, Al.

Technotiger 18:07 02 Sep 08

Bush DVR3006 has only one Scart socket - you should try to find one with two Scart sockets, plus Phono-sockets - though phono sockets not essential, especially if VHS machine has Phono sockets, as per mine in the picture.

Technotiger 18:10 02 Sep 08

Talking of Pensions - all the equipment together, seen in my picture cost £70, all second-hand ... VHS/DVD/HiFi/Digibox - the TV was a gift.

Technotiger 18:13 02 Sep 08

click here Just seen this one on ebay - has everything you need - I suggest you go for it!!

taffyal 18:13 02 Sep 08

Thanks, I think I understand! I've got 2 VCRs, one with phonos, one with scart, so I'll keep searching Ebay. Cheers, Al.

taffyal 18:16 02 Sep 08

Posted my last before I seen your last! I'd looked at the one you suggest, was hoping for a little cheaper, but will watch it with interest. Cheers, Al.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac