Burn & play *.AVI files in a DVD player

450223 10:42 19 Dec 11

I have filmed with my didital video camera on to it's SD card, HD 720 dpi, WVGA & QVGA formats, I have burnt each of theses files to seperate DVD+R discs. Whether I close the disc session/s or not. None of the discs will play in my old DVD player/recorder or two brand new DVD players bought within the last month. I have tried burning all three formats HD,WVGA & QVGA to a DVD+RW disc this will also NOT play in my old DVD recorder/player or the new DVD players... anyone got any ideas please.

RussB78 11:46 19 Dec 11

I use this program to convert the files to DVD and they play just fine on any of my TVs. [Click Here]

RussB78 11:48 19 Dec 11

I convert my files to DVD useing [Click Here] and they play just fine.

RussB78 11:52 19 Dec 11

Sorry babout the two postings, and I can`t get the click here to work.

daveeb 12:49 19 Dec 11

you need a dvd player that will play mpeg 4 files (if that isn't the case now). Also try dvd-r discs as they are more compatible with picky players.

lotvic 13:01 19 Dec 11

I use the Free program DVDFlick http://www.dvdflick.net/

Some guides ClickHere

lotvic 13:10 19 Dec 11

RussB78, you can either just paste the url straight in or you can type clickhere and then select the words clickhere and then click on the globe with green arrow and paste the url into the box that pops up. Be aware that you only want one http at the front, so delete the one that is already in the popup box.

Another thing to note if you are pasting straight in is that if your url contains two underscores it will not come out right as the text between two will just change to italics, so then it's best to use the second method above.

RussB78 14:41 19 Dec 11

Many thanks lotvic for the advice, it`s very rare that I login to this site nowadays, but it may come in handy.

I wish you all a Very Good Xmas and Peaceful New Year.

450223 15:35 19 Dec 11

From 450223 I have donloaded the FLV player it will only play FLV files no way to convert a *.AVI file.... so how do I proceed please!!

450223 14:22 20 Dec 11

From 450223 I have downloaded the FoxTab video converter. Installed it on my laptop. I have converted a number of my video (*.AVI files) to DVD MPEG 2 PS format.This has given the files a *.VOB file extension. I have burnt these to a DVD+R and DVD-R (one disc Session left open.... one disc with the session closed). Tried these two discs in my DVD player... unfortunatly they do'nt work! I have also burnt these files to a DVD+RW disc... this also will not work in my DVD player four to five years old(have taken the two new players back to the store for refund as they did not work previously! Any other ideas PLEASE

lotvic 20:39 21 Dec 11

Using free program DVD Flick, burn almost any video file to a playable DVD

Perhaps this step by step guide will be of some use ClickHere

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…