Burn 2 movies on one DVD R

VNAM75 23:42 15 Aug 09

I have 2 700mb movie/avi files, is it possible to burn them both onto 1 disk? Actually, is it possible to burn multiple movies up to the capacity of the disc?

Stuartli 23:47 15 Aug 09

I would suggest almost certainly using Multisession mode.

Burn one movie onto a DVD-R and Save the folder when queried if you wish to do so (I'm discussing Nero).

Continue the Multisession mode and add the next movie to the folder before Saving again.

Continue until the disk is full.

Note that it is essential that the folder is Saved after each session; elect to Finalise before the last session.

However, I have numerous multisession CDs and DVDs holding files of all types and none has been Finalised - all work fine on mine and other computer systems.

rdave13 23:50 15 Aug 09

Yes but I use Burning studios 8 from ashampoo. Not a free program and it's easy to use. Has to be for someone like me. I don't work for the company and have only a contact as a customer.
Believe you can have a free trial period for about a month but you will have to register and will get some spam (legit from only ashampoo).
At the end of the trial they'll offer a much reduced price for the software as version 9 is out now.

VNAM75 23:51 15 Aug 09

Thanks Stuartli, I will try that. I have Nero 7.

rdave13 23:53 15 Aug 09

Blooming 'eck my typing is getting slower... :(

VNAM75 00:03 16 Aug 09

Oh I forgot to ask, after I've put the movies on to the disc can they be played on a home dvd player and can you select them individually to play? I wasn't asking about backing them up.

rdave13 00:18 16 Aug 09

Are you asking me or Stuartli?
If you're ignoring my recomendation then it would be nice if you addressed to whom you are replying to so that I can determin to ignore this thread or not.

VNAM75 00:32 16 Aug 09

rdave, I'm asking anyone who can help. When I wrote my first reply I did not see your first post. I don't want to purchase any software but use nero or free sofware.

rdave13 00:40 16 Aug 09

That's fair enough. As I said you get a free time to use BS8. It converts to DVD, burns, shrinks to fit and with little or no input. Trial time over then uninstall and click on the email you get from ashampoo to stop any further contact and they will do so.
Good luck using Nero.

BRYNIT 00:41 16 Aug 09

If you have Vista you may already have Windows Movie maker and Windows DVD maker that should do what you want, but it will depend on the size of the films to how many you can fit on a DVD.

VNAM75 00:46 16 Aug 09

rdave, thanks. Can you put multiple movies on 1 dvd r with BS8 and view them on a home dvd player?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac