Bundles that include MS Office

lynyrdskynyrd 12:56 11 Sep 07

Does anyone know of a decent sub-£500 laptop deal that includes MS Office pre-loaded?
Thanks in advance.

A-Nonymous 13:35 11 Sep 07

With Dell you can build a PC with Office preinstalled, but most pc dealers dont sell default models with Office installed.

Take a look at click here

davidprc 13:36 11 Sep 07

Do you really need Office? There are free and other very low cost alternatives that the average user will find just as good as office.

A-Nonymous 13:43 11 Sep 07

davidprc wrote:
"Do you really need Office? There are free and other very low cost alternatives that the average user will find just as good as office."

Try Open Office. Its FREE and its a great office system. click here

wee eddie 14:09 11 Sep 07

should be: Why do I need M$ Office and which parts of Office are essential to my requirements?

In it's full form it's a very expensive bit of kit.

lynyrdskynyrd 14:33 11 Sep 07

Firstly, thanks to all of you for taking the time to reply.
Many of my existing files, records and presentations etc are on word, excel & powerpoint.
I would like to be able to copy them onto a laptop and be able to amend them, update them etc and continue working in the same programmes without too much mucking about.
Is it just Dell that will put a bundle together?

wee eddie 15:07 11 Sep 07

Open Office should be able to do all you want with word, excel & powerpoint ant a very pleasant price £0.00

click here

You will have noticed that the copy of M$ Office that Dell includes is OEM and is therefore tied to the machine that you buy it for. It is not transferable.

Zaphod 3 20:28 11 Sep 07

If you are a student or have school age kids at home you could try this.

click here

Zaphod 3 20:33 11 Sep 07

If you can find the 2003 version that includes outlook, not sure if it runs on Vista though.

lynyrdskynyrd 07:56 12 Sep 07

I'm very grateful to you all. I hadn't heard of the alternatives, so you've saved me quite a bit of cash. Many thanks.

computerboy 10:45 12 Sep 07

openoffice is fab, i have it on my u3 drive and it is great. a must have !!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple