Bundles

Dazza99 11:07 25 Jan 08

I am looking at getting a barebones bundle as my PC died before Christmas.

Does anyone have any advise on what to get or a good guide on how to install? I'm a complete novice on this!

I'm not looking at spending too much as I only use it for music, a few games (one of which is memory intensive) and the internet.

Have looked at this on novatech click here

I have a graphics card, hard disk, and dvd drive but how would I check they were compatible?

Cheers

D

Quiller. 11:14 25 Jan 08

How much do you want to spend and what type of graphics card is it. i.e. AGP or PCI-e

Quiller. 11:22 25 Jan 08

If you have one IDE hard drive and one IDE dvd drive. They would fit. You may have to do either a reinstall of windows or a repair because of the different motherboard chipsets.

Your graphics card would have to be either PCI-E or the old PCI type. A AGP card will not fit into this system.

The cpu is poor and the ammount of ram, less what is taking off for onboard graphics is low. You do, however have the option to update it in the future.

Quiller. 11:29 25 Jan 08

a fairly decent power supply unit and you are comfortable to fit in a motherboard ( just a few screws ).

What about this click here.
Dual core cpu with 2Gb of ram. This would fly against the other crawling along.

birdface 12:12 25 Jan 08

Probably cheaper in the long run getting a new computer.Some good deals at the moment if you shop around.Probably not what you want to hear.But probably cheaper in the long run.

Totally-braindead 13:53 26 Jan 08

I should point out that depending on what version of windows you had before IE if it was preinstalled on your old PC then you would need a new copy as well as it would fail validation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…