Bundled security or multiple? Recommendations?

jake2 09:32 06 Nov 09

I have been using AVG and zonealarm side by side since 2001. First with the free versions then the paid ones. Currently AVG 9.0 and Zonealarm extreme.
They worked fine together until recently, the last update from zonealarm (extreme 2010) caused the pc to crash BSOD every time I went online, so I removed it.
I guess that as both get more sophisticated (zonealarm now has bundled anti virus, switched off but I'd guess its still causing the issue) they are now conflicting.
I am quite dissapointed at this as I am very used to both these programs and was quite happy to stick with them until this.
Maybe now is a good time to look at the pc security again. Maybe neither are high up the ratings these days?
So my question (eventually) is:

Is there a single bundled security (anti virus, anti spyware + firewall) that is highly rated and effective?
Being from the same supplier there would be no conflicts.

legalrep 10:59 06 Nov 09

Hi Jake 2 I've recently reviewed my anti-virus etc. Having used many different products AVG spybot etc etc I decided to give Microsoft Security essentials a try, I have to say I've been very surprised just how good it is. Full scan is a little slow if I'm honest but overall I think this is a great little package and would highly recommend it. I've installed on 3 machines without a problem!

Bad_Boy1022 11:02 06 Nov 09

great stuff

Bad_Boy1022 11:04 06 Nov 09

Jake get kaspersky

If you google around you get 3 licenses for £25, even amazon sells the oem version

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…