bump

It's Me 15:13 03 Sep 04

Will someone please explain to me what on earth is meant by the single word 'bump' which I keep seeing as a message. It must mean something to someone, but it is totally meaningless to me unless, for some obscure reason, it refers to motor cars!

Arthur Scrimshaw 15:16 03 Sep 04

it's just a way of getting the post to the top of the forum - you could type in anything and get the same result.

Skeletor 15:19 03 Sep 04

It also adds to the bumpers postings

It's Me 15:21 03 Sep 04

Thanks. Now I know.

pj123 15:27 03 Sep 04

As Arthur Scrimshaw says. It is a way of keeping your thread in the "limelight" as it were. If you post a thread and don't get any response after a few hours (because no one knows the answer, or because we are all at work) if you type bump or anything else into your own thread it puts it back at the top of the list, so when someone sees it and knows the answer they will respond. Otherwise it will gradually fall off the end of the page. Personally, I realise that I cannot expect an answer within minutes of posting a thread so I just sit and wait until someone comes up with a solution.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…