Bullguard - is it any good?

mazbo13 17:04 06 May 06

My new computer will have a trial version of Bullguard pre-installed. Is it any good? Will I need to load any other security before I connect to the internet (dial-up at the moment)?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Fellsider 17:09 06 May 06

They have repeatedly telephoned me despite my phone being registered with TPS.

I have complained to TPS about them and sent e-mails to their customer care and to their regulatory affairs (nice title) person, both without any reply.

I fully intend to take it up with ofcom if they don't reply.

my advice?...... I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole!

bretsky 17:32 06 May 06

Don't use it myself, but if you click here
there are plenty of opinions and experiences here
HTH

bretsky ;0)

bluto1 22:02 06 May 06

What about an answer? Resolved or not?

JYPX 23:56 06 May 06

The current edition of Computer Shopper has a review of Bulldog Internet Security.It gets 2 stars out of 5 due to poor virus detection + renewal price is joint highest (with Norton) from the group tested.

mazbo13 08:43 07 May 06

Thanks your replies.

bluto1 14:58 07 May 06

mazbo13, please accept my apologies for the entry under my name. My greatnephew logged on to pca in my absense and very cheekily made that entry. He will not do it again. I`m now going to have to make my PC password protected. Again sorry.

realist 16:15 07 May 06

This came pre-installed on my new pc too, kept getting nag screens so deleted it and got AVG free.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…