Bullet Points in Word

phil.smith 15:11 03 Feb 04

When I type a list and use bullet points the last bullet point is larger than the ones before it and so distorts the last line

How do I stop this happening and make it the same as the rest please?

Phil

Rand Al Thor 15:23 03 Feb 04

Sounds like the font size is different. See if the font size is different from the preceeding bullet point.

Eastender 15:31 03 Feb 04

Does this happen on the printed page or is it just on the screen? If just screen then try the page on screen at a higher resolution, say 150%.

Taff36 16:15 03 Feb 04

Which version of Word do you have? (And OS)

If you highlight the previous bullet line select the format painter icon (Looks like a paintbrush) and then highlight the oversize bullet line does that correct the problem? If so post back and I`ll throw a few things for you to check.

phil.smith 10:19 04 Feb 04

I managed to get rid of the larger bullet point by creating a new line before the last bullet point which had a normal sized BP and then cut and paste the last sentence into that spare line and deleting the last BP

Rather a tedius way but it worked

Phil

fruityfj 12:09 04 Feb 04

I had a similar problem which I cured by going to Help (in Word) & using the 'detect & repair' option (depending on which version of Word, as other answers above)

stlucia 13:13 04 Feb 04

I've found that the command which gives the bullet its format (size, bold, italic, colour, etc.) is at the end of the paragraph which is bulletted. Usually, if you put the cursor right at the end of the paragraph, and then press Delete once, you'll remove the invalid command and the bullet will revert to whatever format the text has.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…