Bulk deletions from Windows Live Mail 2012

folaboss 15:31 11 Jan 15

When I used Outlook Express and Windows XP I was able to delete E-Mail messages from Folders in bulk but not necessarily deleting the whole Folder. I like to clear out older messages from some, but not all, Folders - say annually whilst retaining the last few months incase needed. I can't find a way to do this in Windows Live Mail 2012 using Windows 7. Deleting them one by one would be a nightmare. Can it be done ?

lotvic 15:55 11 Jan 15

The usual way to bulk select a continuous block of any files, email included, is to click on the first one you want to delete then hold down the Shift key and then click on the last one in the block and then press Delete on keyboard (or with mouse rightclick on the selected files and choose Delete)

Does that not work for you in Windows Live Mail 2012?

folaboss 15:36 15 Jan 15

Can you see my red face? !!

Yes, that works OK. What I was doing was clicking on the first, holding Shift and trying to drag down to the last. That doesn't work. That just produces a small circle with a horizontal bar inside.

I think in OE I was able to set first and last date parameters.

Thanks very much.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…