Bulit-In Wireless Not Working

s99Raj 16:13 28 Sep 09

I have a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li 2735 laptop.
It cam preinstalled with Vista Home Premium, which recently crashed, and so I decided now was a good time to format and install it back on again.

All went smoothly, plus I downloaded the latest drivers off the Fujitsu Siemens website, and all went well again.

In the Device Manager, there are no yellow exclamation marks or question marks. However, the built-in wireless isn't working, despite the fact that the internal Wireless 3945ABG is showing up as having been installed and working fine.

To switch the wireless on normally requires pressing Fn+F1 but his has no effect. The Fn + F3, F4 or F5 for the sound work OK, but the Fn + F8 or F9 for the brightness do not.
The Fn + F12 for Sleep mode works fine too.

What could be wrong?
Cheers.

chub_tor 16:20 28 Sep 09

I realise that this click here will not cure your laptop problem but it will allow you to connect to the internet while you sort your laptop out. I presume you have tried all the obvious solutions such as Right Clicking on the network and selecting Diagnose and Repair.

s99Raj 16:32 28 Sep 09

Yes, I tried the Diagnose and Repair but it just told me that the wireless was switched off and that I must switch it on, which of course doesn't work.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:41 28 Sep 09

The Wireless Card must be activated every time Windows starts by pressing Fn+F1 but with this VisualBasic script (put in a startup directory) will be activated automatically (note that I DIDN'T wrote this script, I've found it in click here):

Code: Select all
Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

Set oExec = WshShell.Exec("C:\Program Files\Launch Manager\WisWBSet.exe")

do while WshShell.AppActivate("Wireless Status Option")=False
WScript.Sleep 100
loop

WScript.Sleep 100

WshShell.sendkeys("{TAB}{TAB}{LEFT}~")

s99Raj 16:45 28 Sep 09

Thanks for that Fruit Bat.
I'm afraid I know NOTIHNG about Visual Basic or how to use it.
What exactly do I do with the script?

Ashrich 18:39 28 Sep 09

You want Launch Manager V_1.4.9 to get the hotkey for the wireless working , click here , use the wizard to get to your laptop/notebook then when you get to the drivers for Vista 32bit click on Tools and Utilities .

Ashley

s99Raj 19:05 28 Sep 09

Thanks Ashrich.

Launch Manager worked!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced