built in webcam will not work

krakerz 23:30 PM 16 May 12

Im using medion akoya model E5312 notebook pc. How do you activate the built in webcam and microphone? After searching other online help forums everybody wants to know how to turn it on but nobody has an answer.

Laptop comes with vista sp-2 already installed. Nothing about the webcam in the manual. No documentation on the webcam in the help files. As usual the Medion website is no help. I can see the cam staring at me so I know it has one.... Maybe its decorative?

rdave13 04:41 AM 17 May 12

Check the webcam by using Windows Live Messenger. Go to tool then "Set up Audio and Video device..." You can buy different webcam software if needed.

dms_05 08:07 AM 17 May 12

You will need the appropriate Drivers for the webcam. Does the Webcam show up in Device Manager? If it does, is it saying the Drivers are installed? My experience is you need exactly the correct Driver or it won't work.

Woolwell 10:28 AM 17 May 12

Try Fn and F9.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED