Built a new pc, got a few probs..... HELP!

catman2000 22:46 22 Jul 03

Hi all, i have built a new pc and have installed a DVD writer but can't seem to burn any disks! I have an NEC 1300 DVD, using NERO DVD to copy, but each time i try i keep getting error reading file and it aborts, if anyone is usimng this software and can help i would really appreciate it.

Also, i have a gigabyte motherboard with onboard 6.1 sound, and am running creative 6700 speakers. Everytime i try and listen to the sound it keeps crackling, any ideas???

Thanks in advance

John

crx1600 22:54 22 Jul 03

you may need to update nero to the latest version, click here v5.5.10.42

Muckleface 23:07 22 Jul 03

Im not familiar with the DVD model, but check what formats it is able to use.

It may be that you are using DVD-R discs on a DVD+R drive?

Jordan

Gaz 25 00:42 23 Jul 03

Also, i have a gigabyte motherboard with onboard 6.1 sound, and am running creative 6700 speakers. Everytime i try and listen to the sound it keeps crackling, any ideas???

Have you tried the volume contorls and settings are correct.

Lozzy 00:51 23 Jul 03

Your issue lies solely in two ares,

1. your DVD+/-/R/RW (whichever type) must be set as the Master your other CD or DVD set as Slave.

2. the DVD writer must also be plugged into the IDE cable at one end with the opposite end to the mobo with the slave connected in the middle.

You will get this error if they are not connected correctly..

crx1600 01:01 23 Jul 03

i agree that master should be at the end of the cable, but not that the DVD writer must be the master.

i have 2 DVD writers , master and slave, both running fine.(Sony dual-format is slave, DVD-RAM as master)

Gaz 25 01:35 23 Jul 03

Got your e-mail.

You could try moving them, especialy the subwoofer.

But I would think it is a problem with the on-board sound, or settings, try turining the volume on your PC to max and then go from their, use the AMP in the speakers to do the rest.

If nothing else check your sound card.

Get a cheap dedicated sound card, for about £6

Or a 5.1 for £8

catman2000 09:16 23 Jul 03

Thanks all, but my dvd and cd rewriters are on seperates IDE's...........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now