Built Gaming PC Doesn't Show on Monitor

Dylan343 23:05 01 Dec 14
Answered

Hey, today I have just built my own PC for gaming. I did get help from my experienced dad since it was my first build. All of the parts are connected and are in the right place, and when I turn my PC on all of the fans run and the green lights come on, but nothing comes up on my monitor, I've tried using my TV and a separate monitor but still nothing shows up. We tried to reset the BIOS to see if that would work, it didn't. We tried connecting it to the graphics card and the integrated graphics but neither show up. This is a problem because it's a new PC so I haven't even been able to install Windows or any of the drivers yet. Here are a list of my PC parts; Graphics Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 DirectCU II OC 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card

Hard Drive: WD 1TB Desktop SATA Hard Drive - OEM - Green

Processor: INTEL Core i5 4670K 3.4Ghz

Mother Board: ASUS H81M-PLUS Motherboard

RAM: 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Sport RAM

Power Supply: ACE 650W

The RAM is a single stick of 8GB. I have tried everything I can think of, my dad is experience and has been building PC's for years, my brother's friend who is also experienced tried to help and my friend who is also experienced tried to help bit neither could find the solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

daxian 11:02 02 Dec 14
Answer

hii...... back to basics.... disconnect all drives take out the graphics card so that all you have is the motherboard and ram ...see if it posts !!!

remove power to motherboard before following each of the next steps !!

no post ???? remove the ram stick ,do you then get bios beeps ???

no beeps ??? check the cpu is seated correctly .

bios beeps heard ? reinstall ram stick make sure it seats properly ... a successful post should hear a single beep from bios ...then add one componant at a time checking for post each time.

wee eddie 13:17 02 Dec 14

Just a thought: Some MOBO's require RAM to be installed in pairs.

daxian 23:55 02 Dec 14

hi Dylan343... glad to see the post is ticked as resolved....would be nice to know which step helped and what the problem was ...so it can help others in the future !!

Dylan343 02:45 09 Dec 14

My PC didn't have the BIOS beeps because there wasn't a speaker cable that came with my equipment, but I followed your steps, I changed the RAM into the other slot and that seemed to do the trick. Thanks (:

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…