Building Your Own Laptop

mark3986 17:10 10 Jun 09

does anybody have any helpful and useful tips on building your own laptop??e.g where get the memory from and HD,motherboard etc and any other useful tips and advice??

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:23 10 Jun 09

click here It is not a task that I would ever contemplate.

G

jack 17:35 10 Jun 09

I would not have thought it possible.
Perhaps Mark may be better served to acquire a scrap example and have a bit of practice to see how it goes before shelling out loads of money.

citadel 20:14 10 Jun 09

ocz have barebones laptops but there are only 3 or 4 components to add.

interzone55 20:41 10 Jun 09

All computer suppliers tend to purchase a laptop carcass, be they Apple, Lenovo, Dell, HP etc.

The carcass will include the case, motherboard, screen & keyboard. All the supplier will add is CPU, RAM, optical drive and hard drive.

There are so many things that can go expensively wrong when building a laptop I wouldn't even start but if you do try one thing I would advise is that you make absolutely, positively 100% sure that the display you buy fits the case and is compatible with the graphics chipset on the motherboard.

When I did PC repair we would have 4 or 5 makes of each size & resolution screen, because some screens just wouldn't work with some chipsets...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…