building a website

molby5 12:51 10 Dec 08

hi there,

i am building a website for the company i work for.
i have created it how we want it to look via powerpoint and i saved it as a webpage and when we open it up in Internet explorer it looks as we would like.
could anyone point me in the direction of how to publish it to the web.
i also need to know how to make words on the screen be clickable so they take you to another page, for instance be highlighted when a mouse hovers over and then when clicked takes you to another page.

many thanks

matt

mco 13:02 10 Dec 08

You have a fairly steep learning curve here but it is perfectly possible to pleasant looking websites and get them online without too much techcnial knowledge. However if it is a serious business website it does need to follow certain regulations and appear professional, otherwise you will lose credibility. First of all - forget Powerpoint all together; it is not a website making program. There are several professional programs out there that cost a lot of money or you could start with a free one such a Netobjects Essentials or Serifwebplus. It really depends on how serious you are about having a professional looking company website and how long you are prepared to spend learning how to do it. But - not in Powerpoint!

gerri-atrick 13:21 10 Dec 08

A classic this ......its a prime example of "it cant be that hard" do you honestly think that it is as simple as just uploading a powerpoint file and thats it? a tad naive if you ask me and as for a company website, would you deal with a company that had a amateurish site? ....I wouldnt.

Dont be a cheapskate and get it done right, as when i am looking for something and millions more like me, want to deal with a company the first place i look at is their website, a website tells a lot about a company and if the site is poor then i dont go near them, it shows that they dont treat it proffesionally and that reflects badly to me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos