Building a website

lazanda 11:51 24 Aug 05

I want to design build and upload a website and have continious access and have it searchable by all the leading search engines.

Can anyone tell me how ? step by step I dont get the whole hosting and domain thing.

even a website that will do it cheaply and one that is recommended would be much appreciated.

many Thanks

Paul.

gell 14:12 24 Aug 05

You need a good web editor. I use Serif PP10 which, whilst not perfect makes it very easy for a beginner to design and to upload. You will need a good and inexpensive host and here I suggest KDinternet which I have used for a long time with no problems.
Gell

PurplePenny 20:22 24 Aug 05

For building a web site Serif Web Plus is better suited than Page Plus which is for desktop publishing.

You can try out an older version of Web Plus for free from Serif Free Software (but Serif will phone and post offers to you afterwards): click here

Another free (open source) WYSIWYG is Nvu which claims to rival Dreamweaver and Frontpage: click here

Your ISP probably gives you web space with your account so check there first.

You'll find some advice on hosts in this thread click here

Penny

lazanda 11:53 26 Aug 05

Firstly, Thankyou and the others for taking the time to help me.

I am a recently trained therapist and thats what I want the site for.

Ideally I just want to go to one site, get my domain name and hosting and all access from there and just a pay whatever the fee is.

Thanks agian

paul.

mco 12:18 26 Aug 05

I'm sure a lot of people will recommend good sites and programs now but if I might suggest - as a total beginner I tried lycos for several reasons - first: you can build a site for free and so have a 'practice' before deciding whether you want to buy a domain name and hosting from them and second they have their own fairly (I think) user-friendly webbuilder program that comes with the package so you don't have to buy your own and then go into ftp - you just click publish and it publishes. Also you can then edit your site from anywhere in the world or any computer. Just a thought.

lazanda 13:02 26 Aug 05

Paul.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…