Building a PC

Retiredidiot 19:13 05 Feb 11

I would like to build a new PC and I am unsure as to what motherboard I should use. I mainly use my computer for Photoshop and therefore I need the ability to have plenty of memory and reasonable speed. Can anyone recommend a mother board and a CPU. I am willing to spend £200-£250 for these two items.

Many thanks- Phil

MAT ALAN 19:30 05 Feb 11

click here

might be the way to go deals include memory...

GaT7 19:38 05 Feb 11

Do you already have the other components? Or, are you looking for a CPU+board first, then deciding on the rest?

I would suggest these:

£119 Intel C2Q Q8400 click here

£87 Asus P5P43TD/USB3 click here / click here (Max RAM: 16Gb DDR3)

The Novatech bundles are OK, but don't have much info about their motherboards RAM capacity. G

MAT ALAN 20:00 05 Feb 11

but don't have much info about their motherboards RAM capacity.

Click on the mobo in question it gives you full specs, including RAM capacity

MAT ALAN 20:00 05 Feb 11

but don't have much info about their motherboards RAM capacity.

Click on the mobo in question it gives you full specs, including RAM capacity

The Kestrel 21:55 05 Feb 11

Why not go a step further and buy a barebones bundle from Novatech click here. They also provide step by step instructions for completing you new PC.

Retiredidiot 01:23 06 Feb 11

I do have hard drives that I will use in the new pc, plus a very good power supply and also a case. I have no problems in building it as I have done it a few times before I'm just not up to date with the latest motherboards and CPU's.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…