Building new system - need your expert opinion!

Multi_sheep 23:24 03 Jun 08

Hello everyone,

I'm looking into upgrading my whole PC and i basically want your approval that its a good choice of hardware and that everything will run smoothly during the building process (incompatibilities etc etc)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a gander:

XFX 680I LT edition SLI ATX Motherboard - £65

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 CPU - 3.0GHz - £132

Coolermaster eXtreme Power PSU 650w - £57

Seagate 500GB 32MB Cache SATAII Hard Drive - £53

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - £15

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit Version - £59

OCZ 4GB Kit (2x2GB) 800MHz (5-4-4-18) - £65

Nvidia 8800GT - £109

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Will go SLi later on in the year with another 8800GT card but I'll wait a while, no biggie.

Comes to about £550 so within my budget!

Well, what do you think? Will it turn out to be a good build? Anything in there you think won't work well with something? Give it a good once over anfd give me your conclusion, would apperciate it.

Also, the motherboard I looked at seems quite cheap for one with a 680i chipset, is there something I dont know about the XFX motherboard which they aren't telling me?

I'm not the type of guy that will spend £550+ on something without knowing everything will work together nicely :]

Thanks to anyone that replies!

Ditch999 23:50 03 Jun 08

The 680i chipset is now old standard which is why its cheap.
Why the 64bit version of Vista? (In fact, why Vista?? Direct x10?)
You will need 64 bit drivers for all your peripherals and hardware. make sure you can get them.
You need to check the PSU to make sure its capable of running 8800GTs (never mind in SLI) They require a lot of Amps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…