Building new PC - No HDD light flashing

penholder 10:02 05 Dec 10

Mobo Asus M4A88T-V EVO/USB3, Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA, Athlon Processor. System works but the LED showing writing to and from HDD does not. Wires are connected. Any ideas anyone?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:20 05 Dec 10

Are the wires the correct way round? LEDs will on;y work if connected correctly.

gengiscant 10:25 05 Dec 10

Connecting the front case wiring is probably one of the most tedious parts of self build, over the years the wiring has given me all sorts of headaches. Did your Asus board not come with a all in one connector> something like this click here makes life a little easier.

The only thing else I can suggest is check you have the front panel correctly connected, which of course have already done.

gengiscant 10:26 05 Dec 10

Sorry its called a Q-connector.

penholder 11:22 05 Dec 10

Have tried revesing leads. All are clearly labelled (using Cooler Master Elite 334 Mid Tower Case). Asus mobo clearly labelled as to what goes where.
I could take lead off an old PC and connect that to mobo

Simsy 11:24 05 Dec 10

And it was a faulty LED...

You can prove whether or not this is the issue by swaping the HDD led connector for the Power on Connector. If this then lights indicating HDD activity you know it's the LED at fault.

My case was a Coolermaster, from eBuyer. Ebuyer were prepared to swap, but only the whole case, (which was too much of a faff for me), so I contacted Coolermaster directly and they send me a replacement without any quibble.

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

penholder 11:43 05 Dec 10

Did not know that I could swap the leads as you suggested in case of causing other trouble. Did the swap and your right. Thank you.
Now e-mail to case supplier, Lambda-tek. Thanks to all that replied.

Terry Brown 12:00 05 Dec 10

Problem solved, Please tick as resolved
Thank you
Terry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…