building new pc need help ~~~~~~

GARAGELAD 11:22 28 Mar 04

right im build my new p4 2.6g pc

i got the motherboard out and put it in the case then i started to put the parts in like cd rom,dvd,rom,sound card,graphic card but there a vga socket on the motherboard i then connect the leads to the parts and i put 256 ddr ram in the sockets and i connect the power supply unit to the motherboard and turned it on and the monitor screen does not work it come on with colour like a rainbow what have i done wrong please can one tell me step by step WHAT I HAVE TO DO ON BUILDING A NEW PC

THANKS
CHAD

Smiler 11:27 28 Mar 04

did you connect the monitor to the motherdboard or the graphics card. you need to disable onboard graphics before using a separate graphics acrd

Why are you using new posts keep to the same one otherwise we won't know what suggestions have been made previously and theres a 200 post limit at the moment so you're pushing threads off the list by reposting

GARAGELAD 11:30 28 Mar 04

right so i have to take the graphics card out of the motherboard and use the one on the motherbaord

GARAGELAD 11:32 28 Mar 04

when i move the lead for the monitor it comes up with dif/colours on my screen

BIG ben strikes 10 11:37 28 Mar 04

i would like to help other people on this forum the best i can.but i cant help anyone if you keep making new posts!.im sure the rest of the forum members feel the same!.why are you keep re-peating the same post.

Smiler 11:38 28 Mar 04

looks like the lead is faulty can you get hold of another lead to try it?

GARAGELAD 11:39 28 Mar 04

im not now this is the only one thats open m8
but i still need help

Smiler 11:39 28 Mar 04

tatally agree :-(

GARAGELAD 11:40 28 Mar 04

i think i need a new monitor screen

GARAGELAD 11:44 28 Mar 04

when u get a new motherboard have u got to do any think to it befor u boot it up

eg: like change some think

BIG ben strikes 10 11:54 28 Mar 04

ok.but remeber these guys/girls are super trained to help people you only need to post a thread once and you will get many replies....few minutes?..hour?..day?.month....what ever theyll help you always helped me anyway.thanks.ben

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…